Contacting the ISI
Owing to the current Covid-19 outbreak the Insolvency Service of Ireland (ISI) is adapting its customer communications. General queries in relation to statutory insolvency options can be submitted to email@example.com or if the query specifically relates to Bankruptcy, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our helpline on ph. 0761 064 200 or freetext GETHELP to 50015 for a call back.
The ISI encourages anyone with serious debt issues to consult a Personal Insolvency Practitioner or an Approved Intermediary, or visit www.backontrack.ie.
Access to Registers
Any party who wishes to search/inspect the Register of EU Personal Insolvencies and/or any of the registers maintained by the ISI under the Personal Insolvency Act 2012 (as amended) at our offices may do so by appointment only. Please email email@example.com to arrange an appointment. Please also note that the registers maintained by the ISI under the Personal Insolvency Act 2012 (as amended) are/remain available on our website: www.isi.gov.ie
Bankruptcy Court - Instructions to Debtors and PIPs
The Bankruptcy Court is now working remotely and has been since Monday 18th January 2021.
This means the ISI’s Courts Team will no longer be meeting debtors in person outside the Bankruptcy Court following their adjudication as bankrupts. Therefore, all bankruptcy documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org following yours or your client’s adjudication. This should include fully completed and signed:
- New Adjudication details form (Day 1 form)
- Statement of Affairs
- Statement of Personal Information
- Supporting documentation
This documentation must be sent by email immediately following adjudication. It is imperative that this is done on the same day that you or your client are adjudicated bankrupt to enable ISI staff to begin processing your case. All documentation is to be completed in a clear and legible manner and in block capitals or typed.
Urgent Notice re Covid 19 and those debtors experiencing payment difficulties
In the prevailing circumstances regarding Covid-19, the ISI is mindful of the practical difficulties being experienced by many. If you are currently availing of one of the statutory debt solutions below and are experiencing difficulties making agreed payments, please note the following:
- The ISI understands that those who are making repayments in relation to a Debt Relief Notice (DRN) may currently be experiencing difficulties in making those payments. Those who find themselves in this situation should contact the Case Management Division of the ISI by e-mail at email@example.com
- If you are experiencing difficulty with meeting agreed repayments in respect of a court approved Debt Settlement Arrangement (DSA) or Personal Insolvency Arrangement (PIA), please contact your PIP to discuss.
- Where persons are currently experiencing difficulties in the payment of their bankruptcy order payments, they should contact the Bankruptcy Payment Order section of the ISI by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org